Performance People works with clients to assist in developing strategic and business plans. The approach varies according to needs and context. Generally this involves a facilitated workshop to undertake a situational analysis and identify strategic goals for the organisation, and the collation of the workshop outcomes into a Strategic Plan. For a more thorough process, this might involve interviewing internal and external stakeholders, and may involve setting pre-work to understand the organisation's strategic context.
Geoff's role is primarily facilitative, and involves asking questions and introducing activities which encourage people to participate actively in the development of the Strategic Plan. People's contributions are captured and incorporated into the Strategic Plan.
Examples of significant consultancies include:
Back to Services
- Centacare Central Queensland - Working closely with the Diocesan Director to develop three-year Strategic Plans that reflect current and future growth and organisational development activities.
- Darumbal Community Youth Service Inc - Working closely with the CEO in facilitating the development of a Business Plan; and assisting program coordinators in developing subsidiary Operational Plans.
- Home Support Association Inc - Working with the Management Committee and Executive Officer to develop a Strategic Plan. This involved a tightly compressed facilitated workshop. Also, assisted in the design and implementation of a planning and reporting system incorporating the strategic plan, operational plans and individual workplans across the organisation.
- Central Queensland Local Government Association - Facilitating planning sessions with the CQ Waste Management group, involving Councillors and Council Officers with an interest in Waste Management; and developing three-yearly Business Plans.
- Central Queensland University - Facilitating the development of a range of strategic and operational plans, including the Faculties of Informatics and Communication, and Arts, Health and Sciences, the Information Technology Division, the Division of University Relations, and the 10,000 Steps Project Office.
- Rockhampton City and Fitzroy Shire Councils (pre amalgamation) - Facilitating strategic planning workshops including developing a long-term view, writing a vision, and identifying long-term strategies. For Fitzroy Shire, this included developing a detailed Strategic Plan and a one-page mini-poster summarising the Strategic Plan.
- Fitzroy Basin Association - Facilitating the development of Strategic Plans for Fitzroy Basin Association and (as a Board Member) for Fitzroy Source Ltd. Also, facilitated sessions across Central Queensland in which a range of stakeholders were asked to set targets for identified natural resource management goals.